Did you know that around 70% of internet traffic in North America is video and audio streaming? That’s really impressive! And the thing is, most of it is just a video traffic – served through services like YouTube, Amazon Video and Netflix. But how effective is video marketing? By many experts, video is considered to be the most powerful marketing tool for businesses. Over the years, it became a revolutionary way to target and reach new customers online.
In fact, social networks like Facebook and Instagram have become really important players in video marketing as well. The fact that nearly 8 billion videos are shared and viewed on Facebook every day should tell you something.
Two Main Reasons to Start Using Videos in Your Marketing Campaigns
Image by rob-nowman (via Wiki Commons)
Using videos as part of your marketing activities could benefit your business greatly, as there are so many advantages of video marketing. Here are two main reasons.
How effective is Video Marketing? Highly!
Video is an effective tool that you can use to accomplish your company’s goals on the market. A good video marketing campaign can help you promote and sell products, as well as reach new audiences and target new markets. Research shows that people are more engaged in a product when watching informative videos – instead reading text-based content.
Video Marketing is Cheaper!
Investing more money in some advertising campaign is not always efficient as it should be. And frankly, in traditional advertising sometimes the results are not as good as expected. Ads on websites and magazines can be easily ignored, or even blocked with tools like AdBlocker. Videos can give you more control over your campaign, better results and insights for less money – as they can’t be ignored as easily as pictures and text.
7 Interesting Facts about Video Marketing
Image by Devian Art
If you’re still not convinced to start using videos in your marketing campaigns, check out these great video marketing statistics:
- 95% of B2B buyers prefer short content formats like videos (Demand Gen Report);
- In 2015, it was predicted that 57% of the consumer’s internet traffic will be in a video format. (B2B Community Infographic);
- 85% of internet users in USA are watching online videos (Hubspot Infographic);
- Customers who watch videos rather than content in text format before purchase, are 15-20% more likely to convert. (WISTIA);
- By 2019, 80% of the total internet traffic will be video! (Cisco White Paper);
- Visual content and graphics produces 94% more views (Hubspot Infographic);
- As of 2015, more than 50% of the online mobile traffic is video (B2B Community Infographic);
Video Marketing Trends for 2016
Here are just a few video trends to look out for in 2016:
- Increase in video streaming on all platforms
- Increased usage of educational videos
- DIY video marketing
- Rise of video advertising
For more in-depth information about video marketing trends, check out our Video Тrends To Look Out For In 2016 article.
Valoso – A Great Place for Your Videos!
Image by Joe (via Flickr)
If you’re in need for a professional video to start your marketing campaign, Valoso has you covered! Our platform has many experienced and professional video editors who would love to help you out.
Featured Image Credit: Joe (via Flickr)