We all know that online video strategy became the top method in promoting your brand and establishing your presence in the digital marketing world.
We’ve heard how the viral videos became trending and drove millions of traffic towards a particular website.
But sometimes, small business owners are hesitant to venture on this strategy because it is often expensive and time-consuming to produce. What our small business owners don’t know is that it is entirely possible to create a high-quality and captivating video at an affordable rate!
How? Here are the 6 vital key steps in crafting an effective online video strategy!
1. Set Your Goal. Before you start creating your video, you need to set your goals for creating the video. These goals will serve as your guidance during the whole video creation up to video distribution process. Be sure to inspect this checklist and define your answer then:
- Define your target audience. Who are your customers? What specific niche are you targeting? What is their age, gender? What is common among your customers? What is their preference?
- What are their specific needs? Once you’ve identified what they truly want, you will be able to outline your video to address their needs.
- What is their interest? Are they interested in purchasing your products, or subscribing to your services? Are they interested in viewing funny videos, how-to instructional videos, or explainer videos? Document their interest and create a video from there.
- How much is your budget? It is important to define how much will you be willing to spend for a video project so that you can source out the best video editors within your budget.
At Valoso, we have an international pool of talented video editors that can help you craft a professional video according to your allotted budget. What’s more? You control the budget, resources, even the deadline of the projects. You’re the business owner, so you call all the shots!
2. Creating your Video
Now that you already know the essential details about your video project. Let us move forward into outlining and polishing the video itself. Here are some things you need to consider when you’re making a video:
- The length of the video. How long is your video? In order for your video to be effective and viral, the recommended length is between 1-3 minutes. The shorter, the better. Longer videos tend to pull people off from your video.
- Video Content. Outline your video’s introduction, body content or your message, and your conclusion. Your video content must be precise and direct to the point so that you’ll be able to deliver your message to your audience in a short period of time.
- Also, be sure to add a CTA (Call to Action) to encourage your audience to engage with your brand. May it be in the form of sign up subscriptions, clicks, purchase, etc.
- Language/Tone. When creating a video, you’re not only considering the visual aspect of it, but you also need to establish a good language or tone with it. It’s important not to get your audience bored while watching your video. We recommend you maintain a light, entertaining, engaging, tone while speaking to engage with your readers effectively.
- Video Ideas. You already have your content, your resources, now let’s move forward with your video ideas. Video ideas are a great way to incorporate your content. You can choose from popular YouTube video ideas to create a viral video!
3. Editing Your Video
Now, it’s time to craft your video so that it will look pleasing to the eye and professional to your audience. You can edit your videos on popular NLE software. If you don’t have time, you can always count on Valoso to do the editing for you 🙂
4. Optimize your Video SEO. The last but definitely not the least in our online video strategy is SEO optimization. No matter what content you’re intending to make, it is important for it to be SEO-compliant so that it will be easier for your videos to rank in the web. Make sure to add the following to your video:
- Meta title. Write a compelling title that will make your audience irresistible in clicking the video and view its content.
- Meta description (both must have keywords in them).
- Add logo, watermark, location map to your video. Anything that will speak for your brand. This will also help your audience to follow your website easily. They will exactly know where to visit once they decided to purchase your products or avail your services.
- Transcripts. Yes, transcripts do a lot of wonders to your video. Just like how the images are mapped through their “alt text”, transcripts also act like “alt text” to your videos. This will help your audience locate your video more easily when typing a text in the search engine.
We hope this online video strategy comprehensive guide will help you craft the viral videos you’ve been dreaming for your business. Are you ready to create your video now? We can’t wait to see your masterpiece!