Starting a video marketing endeavor for your business may sound risky, expensive, or just not worth it. But, actually, social media marketing and other online video marketing practices may be the best move your business can make. If you play the cards right, video production does not have to be grueling and expensive. Instead, it can be a fun and creative way for using video for marketing your business and boosting sales.
Even if your business is already on the web, ordinary online advertising isn’t even comparable to the power of video advertising. This is because videos engage your audience like no other medium. Not only will marketing videos draw you closer to your audience, but these YouTube video statistics and video advertising statistics will prove that local video marketing is a great way to up your business’s cash flow. If you are not convinced, check out the video marketing statistics of 2016 below to learn why using video to promote your business is imperative to your success.
1. Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
This number is staggering: it shows the power and potential that video has for your business.
2. The average conversion rate for a website with video content is 4.8% while that of non-video websites is only 2.9%.
That’s almost double! Conversion is everything when it comes to marketing.
3. 70% of content marketers believe video marketing content produces more conversions than any other medium.
Take the advice of these skilled professionals and incorporate video into your business today.
4. Viewers retain 95% of a video’s message as compared to 10% when reading text.
If your viewers don’t remember your message, then what is the point of advertising?
5. Online video accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic and up to 69% of traffic on certain networks.
That’s a large piece of the pie. Moving toward mobile is the key to extending your reach.
6. Dr. James McQuivey says the value of a 1-minute video is 1.8 million words.
Which would you rather put your time into creating?
7. Over one billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending over four billion hours watching videos.
That’s a lot of people. YouTube is the one place your business can reach almost its entire target audience.
8. Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.
Search engine optimization is crucial for any marketing medium, but you may have more success with videos.
9. 74% of millennials find video helpful when comparison shopping.
Use the power of video to reach the next generation on their phones, tablets, and laptops.
10. 62% of users are likely to build a negative perception of a firm that publishes poor quality videos.
Quality is key! Make your investment in video marketing worthwhile so your customer will be intrigued by your brand.
11. 45% of internet users watch one or more videos each month, and on average users watch 32.3 videos per month.
That’s a big chunk of the internet. Videos are commonplace among nearly every household–don’t miss out on that reach!
12. 40% of consumers share that video increases the chance they’ll buy a product on their mobile device.
Especially when combined with video, mobile is a powerful tool for any business to broaden its reach.
13. 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Give the customer what it wants: invest your time into creating unique videos that your viewers will love.
14. Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than those without video.
With all the benefits video marketing has to offer, it’s no surprise companies earn more revenue when they use video marketing.
15. 50% of users took some sort of action after watching a video advertisement, and up to 15% made a purchase.
With the right script, videos will make your viewers laugh, cry, smile, and, of course, buy!
As you can see, video marketing is undoubtedly the way of the future. Focusing your company’s marketing campaign on tricks like going mobile and using SEO is worthless unless you have high quality videos. Do you ever remember seeing a shaky, shoddy, makeshift video that made the advertiser look unappealing?
Creating high quality videos does not have to be an expensive endeavor, though. All you need to do is hire a skilled freelancer at Valoso to take care of all your business’s video editing needs. Hopefully these remarkable statistics will compel your business to join the companies out there that are paving their way to success through videos. Have fun and connect with your audience!